Facts you need to know about Johnny Depp
John Christopher Depp II is a notable American actor, producer, singer, and painter. Depp made his film debut in 1984 in the horror picture A Nightmare on Elm Street, for which he has received numerous awards.
Before becoming a teen idol on the TV show 21 Jump Street, she was a model. Depp’s acting career in the 1990s was primarily focused on independent films, with roles such as What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Benny and Joon, and Dead Man, Donnie Brasco.
He starred in the film Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Depp also began working with Tim Burton, starring in films such as Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Sleepy Hollow. Depp has won numerous prizes, including a Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild Award, three Academy Awards, and two BAFTA nominations.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
Full name: John Christopher Depp II
Date of birth: June 9, 1963
Place of birth: Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
Age: 59 years (As of 2022)
Occupation: Actor, Musician, Producer, Painter
Height: 5’10” or 177 cm
Weight: 78 kg or 172 lbs
Net Worth: $150 Million
Facebook: Johnny Depp
Further details about Johnny Depp
- On June 9, 1963, Depp was born in Owensboro, Kentucky. The actor is the youngest of four children to civil engineer John Christopher and waitress Betty Sue Palmer. Depp is predominantly of English heritage, with traces of French, German, Irish, and West African descent.
- His family frequently relocated during childhood and finally settled in Miramar, Florida, in 1970. His parents split when Depp was 15, and his mother eventually married Robert Palmer, whom Depp has described as “an influence.”
- At 12, his mother handed him a guitar, and Depp began performing in various bands. In 1979, Depp dropped out of Miramar High School at the age of 16 to pursue a career in music.
- He has also starred in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Depp also began collaborating with director Tim Burton, starring in Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Sleepy Hollow.
- In the 2000s, Depp became one of the most commercially successful film stars by playing Captain Jack Sparrow in the Walt Disney swashbuckler film series Pirates of the Caribbean (2003–2017).
- He received critical praise for Finding Neverland. His acting credits include Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, and Alice in Wonderland.
- Depp betrothed makeup artist Lori Anne Allison in 1983 and divorced in 1985. Then, he was engaged to Jennifer Grey and Sherilyn Fenn in the late 1980s before proposing to Winona Ryder, his Edward Scissorhands co-star, in 1990. The famous star tattooed “Winona Forever” on his right arm and later modified it to “wino forever.”
- From 1994 to 1997, Johnny Depp was in a relationship with English model Kate Moss.
- Following his split with Moss, Depp started dating Vanessa Paradis, a famous French singer and actress whom he met at the stage of The Ninth Gate in France. They have two children together, Lily-Rose Melody Depp (born 1999) and John Christopher (born 2002).
- In June 2012, Depp and Paradis confirmed their separation. Depp reportedly paid Paradis half of his money in a purported settlement of $150 million, the same amount as if they had married.
- Depp is one of Hollywood’s most well-known American actors. His work as a producer is equally prominent. Johnny Depp’s net worth is estimated to be $200 million. He has a long list of successful films in his career, with over $3.4 billion in domestic box office receipts and $8.7 billion worldwide.
- The famous actor has many followers on his social media platforms. As of May 2022, Depp has 17m followers on Instagram and 12m on Facebook.