Facts you need to know about Suzette Quintanilla
Suzette ‘Suzy’ Quintanilla is a famous American musician who beats the drums and percussion, and her sister Selena Quintanilla, popularly known as ‘the Queen of Tejano music.’
She also provided backing vocals for the family band ‘Selena y Los Dinos’ (Selena and the Guys), in which her late sister, Selena, performed. On June 29, 1967, Suzette was born in Lake Jackson, Texas, United States, to Marcella Ofelia Samora and Abraham Quintanilla Jr.
Her father is also a Mexican-American singer, songwriter, and record producer who supported his children in playing music. Suzette is the middle child of her parents and ended her music career after Selena’s murder on March 31, 1995.
She currently runs a Latin entertainment company, Q-Productions, Inc., with the help of her father’s Latin entertainment company, and manages the Selena Museum in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Biography and Body Statistics:
Full name: Suzette Michelle Quintanilla
Date of birth: June 29, 1967
Place of birth: Lake Jackson, Texas, United States
Age: 55 years (As of 2022)
Weight: 132 lbs or 60 kg
Height: 5’7″ or 170 cm
Occupation: Singer, drummer, Actress
Net Worth: Not available
Spouse/Boyfriend: Bill Arriaga
Further details about Suzette Quintanilla
- In 1980, a teenage Suzette started performing with her family, and then her father opened his first Tex-Mex restaurant, Papa Gayo’s, in Lake Jackson, Texas.
- Her father named the band ‘Selena y Los Dinos,’ and for the tour, he refurbished an old bus, ‘Big Bertha.’
- They were signed with Freddie Records and gained mainstream popularity following their full-length album, ‘ Selena y Los Dinos – Mis Primeras Grabaciones’ in 1984.
- In the 1997 film Selena, Suzette Quintanilla is portrayed by Jackie Guerra as an adult and Victoria Elena Flores as a young girl.
- In the Netflix series 2020 Selena: The Series, Noemi Gonzalez portrayed Suzette Quintanilla as an adult and Daniela Estrada as a young girl.
- She attended her sister’s posthumous star ceremony and her family members on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on November 3, 2017, where she addressed their fans.
- The same year, Suzette attended an event revealing the wax figure of Selena at Madame Tussauds Museum, New York.
- She attended a meet-and-greet on April 6, 2019, hosted by renowned fashion brand, Forever 21, which launched a clothing line inspired by Selena.
- Mexican-American actress Jackie Guerra played her character in the Jennifer Lopez-starred 1997 biopic ‘Selena.’
- Suzette met Bill Arriaga in 1991 AD through their mutual friend, and they married after a year. They recently celebrated their 25th anniversary. The duo has a 23 years old son Jovan.
- As of December 2021, Suzette achieved a massive audience on her social media platforms as her Instagram account has 765k followers, and on Twitter, she gained almost 7k followers.