Facts you need to know about Sarah Shahi
Aahoo Jahansouzshahi is an American actress and former model, known professionally as Sarah Shahi. She is a descendant of Fath-Ali Shah Qajar of the Qajar Dynasty. At the age of eight, Sarah’s parents started entering her beauty pageants.
She attended Trinity High School and Southern Methodist University, majoring in English and Theater. In 1997, she won the Miss Fort Worth pageant and hoped to become an actress. She joined the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders squad despite not having cheered before.
While acting as an extra on the set of Dr. T and the Women in Texas, she met director, Robert Altman. He encouraged her to move to Hollywood, where she got roles in several series, including Alias, Dawson’s Creek, Reba, and Supernatural.
Biography and Body Statistics:
Full name: Sarah Shahi
Date of birth: January 10, 1980
Place of birth: Euless, Texas, U.S.
Age: 42 years (As of 2022)
Net Worth: $5 Million
Children: Knox Blue Howey, William Wolf Howey Sons, Violet Moon Howey
Spouse/Boyfriend: Steve Howey (m.2009, 2021), Adam Demos,
Weight: 53 kg or 110 lbs
Height: 5’3″ or 160 cm
Bra size: 32C
Shoe size: 7US
Body measurements: 34-24-35 inches
- Sarah was captain of the basketball and volleyball teams during high school and joined Alpha Chi Omega at SMU.
- Her father is Abbas Jahansouzshahi from Iran, and her mother Mahmonir Soroushazar, an interior designer, divorced when she was ten.
- Sarah’s father’s family left Iran two years before the Iranian Revolution. Her older brother’s name is Cyrus, and her younger sister, Samantha, is a production assistant.
- Her acting credits include The L Word, Fairly Legal, The Rookie Person of Interest, Reverie, and Life. She appeared in Alias as a supporting actor and appeared in City on a Hill in a recurring role.
- Maxim magazine listed her number 90 in the “Hot 100 of 2005” list, moving up to number 66 in the next year and 36 in 2012. In August 2020, Shahi starred in Netflix series Sex/Life inspired by BB Easton’s book “44 Chapters About 4”.
- She married actor Steve Howey in Las Vegas. They had their first son in 2009, and in January 2015, she announced that she was pregnant with twins, and in March, she had a daughter and son.
- They filed for divorce in May 2020. Sarah began dating Australian actor Adam Demos, whom she met on the set of Sex/Life in 2021.
- Sarah has a large fan following on her social media accounts; she has 1.3 Million followers on her Instagram, joined Twiter in 2009, and gathered 230k followers.
Q: What is Sarah’s background?
Sarah was born in Texas to an Iranian father and a Spanish mother. She grew up speaking English and Farsi and studied Spanish and French.
Q: Was Sarah a cheerleader for the NFL?
Sarah was a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys from 1999 to 2000. She said being a cheerleader helped her gain confidence and pursue her acting dreams.
Has Sarah ever done any charity work?
Sarah has been involved with several charities, including PETA, the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, and the American Red Cross. She has also participated in events to raise awareness for breast cancer research.
Sarah Shahi’s talent, beauty, and dedication to her craft have made her a rising star in Hollywood. With a successful career spanning over two decades, she has proven to be a versatile actress, producer, and writer. Shahi’s unique blend of charm, wit, and talent has endeared her to fans, while her advocacy work for social justice and representation has made her a role model for many. As she continues to make waves in the industry, Sarah Shahi will leave a lasting impact on Hollywood and beyond.