Every detail you want to know about Oliver Tree
Oliver Tree Nickell is a famous American singer-songwriter, producer, and filmmaker. He gained fame after his songs Hurt Song and When I’m Down. After both releases, his fans call him an enigma of the genre.
The singer signed to Atlantic Records in 2017 after his single “When I’m Down” went viral. In 2020, Oliver released his debut studio album Ugly Is Beautiful. The following year, he succeeded more with his song “Life Goes On.”
The singer launched his solo recording career in 2010 as “Tree.” Oliver self-released his music at first, but in 2011 he signed with R&S Records. Finally, he took a break to return to school, studying music technology at the California Institute of the Arts.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
Full name: Oliver Tree Nickell
Date of birth: June 29, 1993
Place of birth: Santa Cruz, California, Tree
Age: 29 years (As of 2022)
Weight: 165 lbs (75 kg)
Height: 5’7″ ( 170 cm)
Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Filmmaker
Net Worth: $3.19 million
Facts about Oliver Tree
- On June 29, 1993, the singer was born in Santa Cruz, California, and raised there. He has stated that he began piano lessons at three, began songwriting the following year, and had an album composed by the age of six.
- A ska band, Irony, in which he sang and played guitar for the first time. Oliver began releasing music under his middle name, Tree, at the age of 17, after making presentations for artists such as Skrillex and Zeds Dead.
- At 18, Oliver signed with R&S Records in London and released his debut EP, Demons. After Thom Yorke, the lead vocalist of Radiohead approved of his cover of their song “Karma Police,” the EP got considerable traction.
- Oliver attended San Francisco State University to study business and at the California Institute of the Arts to learn Music Technology.
- In 2010, Oliver started his solo recording career as “Tree.” In November 2016, he returned to music by performing on Last Call with Carson Daly with Getter.
- Tree signed to Atlantic Records shortly after the release of “When I’m Down” and graduated from the California Institute of the Arts a month later.
- Oliver has appeared as a special guest at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and EDC, most notably at Coachella, where he was named on LA Weekly’s “The Best (and Weirdest) Fashion at Coachella” list in 2017.
- On June 7, 2019, he debuted his fourth music video and single, “Miracle Man,” which gained 1.3m views on its first day.
- The singer also set the Guinness world record for the world’s largest kick scooter on May 16, 2020, and on July 17, 2020, he published a video of himself riding it.
- Concerning his private life, he does not like to share much, but Oliver is in a relationship with Melanie Martinez. In 2022, the duo started dating and have been together for around.
- As of March 2022, he has 1.9m followers on his Instagram and around 250k on Twitter.