Every detail you want to know about renowned rapper Nas
Nas is a famous American songwriter, rapper, and businessman. His real name is Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones. According to the New York hip-hop scene, he is a skillful and influential rapper.
He began his career as a rapper in 1991 and launched his first debut album titled Illmatic in 1994. Following his first success, he released more albums and made a record of 30 million-selling albums globally.
The well-known rapper is also famous as a successful entrepreneur. He is a founder of various labels and has made investments with many companies. On April 10, 2013, he invested as a publisher with Mass Appeal Magazine.
Besides rapping, Nas has played various roles in the film industry. In 1998, he played his first role of Sincere in Belly. Nas attended a TV show named Top of the Pops NL in 2002. In 2021, he received the Best Rap Album award for his thirteenth album titled King’s Disease.
Table of Contents
Biography and Body Statistics:
Full name: Nasir Bin Olu Dara Jones
Date of birth: September 14, 1973
Place of birth: Crown Heights, New York, US
Age: 49 years (As of 2022)
Weight: 82 kg or 181 lbs
Height: 5’8″ or 173 cm
Net Worth: $70 Million
Spouse: Kelis (m.2005-2009)
Nas was born Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones on September 14, 1973, in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York City. He is the son of jazz musician Olu Dara and Fannie Ann Jones. Nas grew up in the Queensbridge Houses, a public housing project in Queens, New York. His parents divorced when he was 12 years old, and he dropped out of school in the eighth grade.
Nas began his musical career in 1989, when he adopted the stage name “Nasty Nas” and recorded demos for Large Professor. He released his debut album, Illmatic, in 1994. The album was critically acclaimed and is considered one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.Nas has been married twice. His first marriage was to R&B singer Kelis in 2005. They had one son together, Knight, before divorcing in 2010. In 2018, Nas married singer-songwriter Tracey Morgan.
Nas has been open about his personal struggles, including drug addiction and depression. He has also been a vocal advocate for social justice issues. In 2018, he was awarded the BET Humanitarian Award for his work on behalf of children’s education.
Nas is one of the most successful and influential rappers of all time. He has won numerous awards, including two Grammy Awards, and his music has been praised for its lyrical complexity and social commentary. He is also a successful businessman, with his own record label and clothing line.
Nas is currently 49 years old and lives in New York City. He is still actively recording music and touring.
Facts about Nas
- On September 14, 1973, Nas was born to Olu Dara and Fannie Ann Jones. His father was a blues and jazz musician, while his mother was a postal service worker.
- His brother’s name is Jabari Fret, and he is a member of the Bravehearts group. The family migrated to Queensbridge Houses, where Nas developed his music passion from her neighbor named Willy Graham.
- As a beginner, he tried trumpet and wrote his own generated rhymes. In 1989, he met producer Large Professor. He took Nas to his studio, where he started recording.
- In 1994, Nas introduced his first album, which earned much success and public spotlight. His other albums include Stillmatic, God’s Son, Street’s Disciple Hip Hop Is Dead, and the untitled 9th studio album.
- With the albums, he also released his singles. One of his hit singles is If I Ruled the World. In 1997, he won the Best Rap Solo Performance nomination for this project.
- The talented rapper also appeared in different films and shows on a TV screen. In 2001, he played the role of Isa Paige in the Sacred is the Flesh movie.
- Nas is the winner of the I Am Hip-Hop Icon Award, Impact Track Award, and Outstanding Sports Documentary Award.
- He is a graceful person with dark brown eyes. Nas’ height is around 173 cm with 41 inches chest and 14 inches biceps.
- In his personal life, he tied the knot with Kelis in 2005 after two years of dating. Nas was blessed with a son named Knight, but they separated in 2009 due to personal clashes.
- Nas is a wealthy man with a net worth of around $70 million. He made this net worth through the music industry and business.