All you need to know about Martin Kove
Martin Kove is a well-known American actor and martial artist. On March 6, 1946, he was born in Brooklyn, New York, to a Jewish family. From 1982-88, he appeared as Detective Victor Isbecki Cagney & Lacey and appeared in that same role in subsequent movies based on the series.
In 1984, Kove appeared in the hit film The Karate Kid as Cobra Kai sensei John Kreese. The movie was a big success, and after that, he played a traitorous helicopter pilot in Rambo: First Blood Part II.
He is best known for playing John Kreese; In 2018, he returned to the role of Kreese for the YouTube Premium web series named Cobra Kai; it is a sequel named The Karate Kid series, which is set behind the 1984 film. After 34 years of film, the series was released on May 2, 2018, and gained critical success.
Biography and Body Statistics:
Full name: Martin Kove
Date of birth: March 6, 1946
Place of birth: Brooklyn, New York
Age: 76 years (As of 2022)
Height: 6’1’’ or 185 cm
Weight: 80 kg or 176 lbs
Occupation: Actor, Martial artist
Net Worth: $2 Million
Spouse: Vivienne Kove (m. 1981–2005)
Facts about Martin Kove
- He attended Okinawa-te Karate under prominent black belt Gordon Doversola Shihan.
- In 2007, he featured as a caricature of himself and John Kreese from The Karate Kid. in the music video for the track “Sweep the Leg” by No More Kings.
- He appeared again in the sequel The Karate Kid Part II in 1986 and the sequel The Karate Kid Part III in 1989.
- In 2019, Kove again appeared as his Karate Kid role in an ad for QuickBooks, in which Kreese is a gentle, kind man who runs a dojo “Koala Kai” of preteen students and encourages them to “support the leg” and teaches them to show “more mercy.”
- In September 2021, he was declared one of the celebrities competing in season 30 of Dancing with the Stars. Kove and his professional dance partner, Britt Stewart, were the first duo to be eliminated.
- In 1981, Kove married actress Vivienne Kove, born in New Zealand. Martin and Vivienne lived a long time. The couple filed a divorce in 2005 after 24 years.
- They had twins together and introduce to fans in November 1990. After nearly a decade of marriage, the American actor and his wife, Vivienne, welcomed their twin son and daughter, Jesse and Rachel.
- He keeps a strong relationship even after his divorce. His son, Jesse Kove, has decided to pursue his career in acting as his father did. He has a total of over 25 acting credits in television and film.
- Besides, Rachel Kove has maintained a low public profile. She has avoided the spotlight of acting for the most part.
- Kove has a large fan following on his social media platforms. As of 2021, he has 95.3k followers on Twitter and 685k on Instagram.