Ludacris Height, Weight, Biography, Career, Personal Life, and More!
Christopher Brian Bridges is a renowned American rapper and actor. He is known professionally as Ludacris. Ludacris claimed his stage name was a play on the term “ludicrous” in an interview with MTV’s hip hop show Direct Effect in 2000.
After founding his own label, Disturbing the Peace, in the late 1990s, Ludacris signed with Def Jam South. Then, he became one of the first Dirty South rappers to attain mainstream recognition with his subsequent releases.
Ludacris, as an actor, is most recognized for his role as Tej Parker in the Fast and Furious film franchise, in which he initially appeared in 2003. His other prominent roles are Crash in 2004, Gamer in 2009, and New Year’s Eve in 2011
Ludacris received a Critic’s Choice Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Cast for his work in the ensemble film Crash. Also, he has won three Grammy Awards and an MTV Video Music Award for his music.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
Full name: Christopher Brian Bridges
Date of birth: September 11, 1977
Place of birth: Champaign, Illinois, USA
Age: 45 years (As of 2022)
Occupation: Singer, Actor
Height: 5′ 8″ (173 cm)
Weight: 73 kg (160 lbs)
Net Worth: $25 Million
Facts about Ludacris
- Ludacris was born in Champaign, Illinois, and relocated to Oak Park when he was a teenager. Ludacris’ parents are both African Americans, and he also has ancestors from England and Native America.
- Ludacris went to Centreville, Virginia, and attended Centreville High School for one year after graduating from Oak Park-River Forest High School.
- He graduated from Banneker High School in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1995. Ludacris studied music management at Georgia State University from 1998 to 1999.
- Richard Pryor, the late comedian, is a distant relative of his. Ludacris wrote his first rap track at the age of nine when he moved to Atlanta, Georgia, and after three years, he joined an amateur rap group.
- Under the alias “Chris Lova Lova,” Ludacris worked as an intern and later as a DJ at Atlanta’s Hot 97.5 (now Hot 107.9). Ludacris met music producer Timbaland during his radio career, and the two collaborated on the single “Phat Rabbit” from Timbaland’s album Tim’s Bio: Life from da Bassment.
- Ludacris’ debut album, Incognegro, was released in 1999 on his label. Back for the First Time, Ludacris’s major-label debut was repackaged and re-released the following year. It featured the popular singles “Southern Hospitality” and “What’s Your Fantasy,” which weren’t on Incognegro.
- Word of Mouf was released in 2001, followed by Chicken-n-Beer in 2003, and The Red Light District in 2004. All three albums were certified multi-platinum by RIAA. With his next two albums, Release Therapy in 2006 and Theater of the Mind in 2007, he took a more serious approach (2008).
- Battle of the Sexes, his next album, was released in 2010 and included a return to his previous albums’ lighter tone. Ludaversal, his most recent album, was released on March 31, 2015.
- Ludacris has a daughter; Karma Bridges was born in August 2001. With a longtime acquaintance of Tamika Fuller, Cai Bella Bridges, his second daughter was born in December 2013.
- Besides, he dated model Eudoxie Mbouguiengue from 2009 till their marriage in 2014. Ludacris proposed to Mbouguiengue in Costa Rica on December 26, 2014, and the two married later that day.
- Eudoxie revealed that the pair had welcomed a baby daughter in early June 2015. Eudoxie announced on Instagram in May 2021 that she and Ludacris were expecting their second child together.
- However, Ludacris, his mother, and two daughters became Gabonese citizens in January 2020.
- As of 2022, Ludacris has 13.5m fans on his Instagram account and 11.4m followers on Twitter.