Everything you Need To Know About Harshad Mehta’s Wife, Jyoti Mehta
Jyoti Mehta is a beautiful Indian woman who is popular for being the spouse of Harshad Mehta. Harshad Mehta was a businessman, investor, and stockbroker. Due to Harshad’s Indian securities scam in 1992, her husband was infamous as a market manipulator.
She is also the mother of Aatur Harshad Mehta. She mostly got attention because of her husband. Jyoti Mehta is an Indian woman known for being Harshad Mehta’s wife. Harshad Mehta was an investor, stockbroker, and businessman.
Due to Harshad’s Indian securities scandal in 1992, he became infamous as a market manipulator. She’s usually in the spotlight because of her husband. Unlike her husband, she is a law-abiding citizen with a clean personality. She took on the family responsibilities when her husband died till her son grew up. Read this article to know more about Jyoti Mehta’s personality, career, and personal life.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
Full name: Jyoti Harshad Mehta
Date of birth: Between 1958-1960
Place of birth: Gujrat, India
Age: 60-62 years (As of 2022)
Horoscope: Not available
Height: 5’5″ or 165 cm
Weight: 55 kg or 121 lbs
Net Worth: About 2.3 Cr.
Further details about Jyoti Mehta
- Jyoti was born between 1958-1960 in Gujrat, India, as her exact date of birth is unknown. Jyoti married Harshad Mehta when she was very young.
- However, Jyoti was living the life of a princess until her husband was not charged with the 1992 crimes.
- She had graduated from a local college and was married to Harshad Mehta, one of the most potent investors at the time. Despite being a housewife, she had a significant effect on her husband.
- However, once her husband was arrested for money laundering in 1992, she stepped in to support her family. After fighting 27 years in court, she is awarded 6 crores in damages.
- Harshad was sentenced to 5 years in jail due to the scam. He was born in Paneli Moti, Rajkot (now Gujarat), India, on July 29, 1954. He was arrested in 1998 and died in police custody due to a sudden heart attack in 2001
- Therefore, Jyoti was forced to take up the entire family’s duty after his death. She was responsible for their son and family.
- Following Harshad Mehta’s death, his wife and their son Aatur Mehta distanced themselves from social media and the media.
- After Harshad’s death, Jyoti Mehta became embroiled in a series of legal battles to obtain her husband’s money.
- According to media sources, the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal battled virtually the entire tax need of over $2000 crore on Harshad, Jyoti, and his brother, Ashwin Mehta, after 2.7 decades of courtroom processes. They were left to cover it but no longer under the taxation cloud.
- Presently, no one knows where they are now or their present situation. Harshad Mehta’s family became passive due to the 1992 Securities Scam. She never speaks to the media about her personal or professional life. She was last seen a few days after her husband died.