All You Need To Know about Gabriella Wilson
Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson is a famous American singer and songwriter known by her stage name H.E.R. On June 27, 1997, she was born in Vallejo, California, to a Filipina American mother, Agnes Wilson, and an African American father, Kenny Wilson.
At 10, she played an Alicia Keys song on the piano for Today Show. Gabriella’s first compilation album H.E.R. released in 2017, nominated for five Grammy Awards, winning Best R&B Album and Best R&B Performance.
Also, her second compilation album titled, I Used to Know Her, was nominated for five Grammy Awards and Album of the Year. In 2021, she garnered the Grammy Award for Song of the Year for “I Can’t Breathe,”
Biography and Body Statistics:
- Real name: Gabriella Wilson
- Date of birth: June 27, 1997
- Place of birth: Vallejo, California, U.S.
- Age: 25 years (As of 2022)
- Horoscope: Cancer
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Instagram: @hermusicofficia
- Twitter: @HERMusicx
- Net Worth: $2-5 Million
- Spouse/Boyfriend: Not available
- Weight: 55 kg or 121 lbs
- Height: 5’6″ or 168 cm
- Bra size: 32 D
- Shoe size: 7 US
- Body measurements: 34-24-35 inches
- Gabriella was born and raised in the Bay Area of California’s San Francisco. Gabriella’s parents call her Gabi, and she performed as Gabi Wilson in her hometown.
- She drew early inspirations in music from her father, a member of a local California band named Urban Bushmen. She has a younger sister Alex Wilson.
- Moreover, she reached the height of success at a very young age. She became one of five finalists in an American idol-like radio show contest.
- In 2010, she performed at the B.E.T. Awards and competed on Radio Disney’s The Next BIG Thing at 12, with her song “My Music” featured on Radio Disney.
- On September 23, 2007, she appeared at the famed Apollo Theater in N.Y.C., covering Aretha Franklin’s “Freeway Of Love.”
- She made her acting debut when she was nine, joined the cast in the Nickelodeon television film School Gyrls.
- In 2011, she signed with Sony’s R.C.A. Records via J Records when she was 14.
- Gabriella received the Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Fight for You” from the film Judas and the Black Messiah in 2021.
- H.E.R. can play five musical instruments. She is a pianist, drummer, and masterful guitarist who can solo with the acoustic, electric, and bass guitar.
- She released her album Back Of My Mind, with two Album Of The Year Grammy nods and an Oscar win.
- The Apple Music Awards announced H.E.R. as the songwriter of the Year winner on November 30, 2021.
- The young American singer from California is currently signed under R.C.A. Records.
- Gabriella Wilson is currently active on her Instagram account and has 4.9million followers, and she has 523.9k on Twitter. She has shared her mom’s video singing her song on her Instagram.
Q: Is it true that H.E.R. plays the guitar?
H.E.R. has been using Fender guitars for a long time to get her signature sound on projects like her self-titled debut album H.E.R., which was just certified Platinum by the RIAA.
Q: What made H.E.R. decide to change her name?
I can't act and wear glasses at the same time, so I think it's time for people to really know who H.E.R. is," the singer said. "H.E.R. is me, but it's also a new part of my life. I think I'm really finding that connection and letting people see a little bit of what's going on beneath the surface."
Q: Did H.E.R. ever try to hide who she was?
10: She covered her face so her music could speak for itself.
She didn't want people to ask her about her boyfriend or "focus" too much on what she was wearing. She didn't want her identity to be tied to anything that was superficial. NPR says that she was on the cover of her first E.P., "H.E.R.
Overall, Gabriella Wilson, or H.E.R., has established herself as one of the most talented and influential musicians of her generation. Her soulful voice, powerful lyrics, and commitment to social justice have made her an inspiration to fans all over the world.