Does Walking Helpful For Weight Loss? Get The Details Here!
Walking is a simple, accessible type of physical activity. This type of exercise is useful not only for weight loss but also for the body’s health.
Table of Contents
Positive Effects of Walking on Body Health
Walking is very necessary for weight loss. It always stimulates the overall function of your body. It will actively strengthen your whole body function like the respiratory system, digestive system, and most importantly, the circulatory system.
Here you will get some immediate benefits of walking as under:
- It can strengthen the respiratory system.
- Increased endurance.
- It is stimulating the body’s defenses. Moreover, it resists disease-causing bacteria and viruses better.
- It is strengthening the muscles. The back, buttocks, hips are especially actively involved.
- Stabilization of the psycho-emotional state.
- It is reducing anxiety, insomnia.
- Blood pressure normalization.
If you are in a process to lose your weight then you need to create a calorie deficit. To burn the calories from food, you have to walk many kilometers:
- Hamburger – at least 4 kilometers;
- A small can of cola (330 ml) – almost 2 km;
- French fries – 6 km;
- Snickers – 3 km;
- Pizza – 5 km;
- Cake – 7 km.
How many calories burned depends on body weight, walk duration, step speed. On average, in 30 minutes, you can walk 2-3 km, burn 100-150 kcal.
Much depends on physical fitness and age. For example, a woman or a man under the age of 40, when metabolic processes are not yet slowed down, will be able to lose weight faster than representatives of the older generation.
When Is It Better To Walk?
No doubt, walking always delivers a positive effect on your body. And it doesn’t matter when to walk.
- Walking in the morning energizes for the whole day, helps to cheer up, wake up. You can walk to work or school, for example.
- Daytime walking helps to get rid of unnecessary thoughts, tidy up the mind, increase concentration.
- Evening walking relieves stress, tension, fights insomnia.
Walking will not only burn calories, but it will also get your heart rate up a little. It depends on how fast you are walking, but that’s the beauty of it, you can walk to your level. If it’s difficult to walk outside, the gym will do! Weight loss and daily walk go hand in hand. Providing your diet is in check.
If you want to make walking your workout, you need to know what speed is right to lose weight. When you walk, you can get your chest heaving, and you are breathing heavily, but you should be able to carry on a conversation simultaneously. So if you want someone to talk with, find a walking buddy so you can motivate and support one another. Remember, it’s not about the conversation. It’s about your walking to lose weight.
When walking, try to keep your heart rate at about 60 – 70% of your maximum heart rate. If you are older or have any health issues, talk to your doctor first and ask what heart rate is best for you.