Every detail you need to know about singer Bob Marley
Bob Marley is a famous Jamaican songwriter, singer, musician, and guitar player. He is still well-known due to his perfect music even after his death. Bob organized his musical group named Bob Marley and the Wailers in 1963. He began his profession with this group. His lines are still famous.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
Full name: Robert Nesta Marley
Date of birth: February 6, 1945
Place of birth: Nine Mile, British Jamaica
Age: 36 years old (at the time of death)
Nationality: Not available
Occupation: Writer, Singer
Height: 5’6″ (170cm)
Weight: 134 lbs (61 kg)
Instagram: Not available
Twitter: Not available
Further details about Bob Marley
- On February 6, 1945, Bob was born in Nine Mile, British Jamaica. Bob Marley’s height was 1.7m.
- His father’s name was Norval Sinclair Marley and Cedella Malcolm’s mother. Norval served as a captain in the Royal Marines, while Cedella was a famous writer and singer.
- Norval died when Bob was only 10. Her mother tied the knot with Edward Booker. The man already had two sons.
- Bob studied at Stepney Primary and Junior High School situated in Saint Ann. His best friend’s name was Neville Livingston.
- Both guys lived in Nine Mile. They got their education from the same institutes. Bob and Neville together began practicing their music.
- When Bob was 14, he shifted to Trenchtown, Kingston. He began his career in music in 1963. His first recorded songs included One Cup of Coffee, Terror, Judge Not, and Do You Still Love Me?
- He used a combination of rocksteady, ska, and reggae in his music. Furthermore, he made his music lovely through vocal styles and different songwriting.
- He brought various social changes to the world and became a social symbol. Bob also delivered the Rastafari mysticism to the world.
- Bob revolutionized the music field with his outstanding music. Through his words, Bob did not only promote peace but also motivated the listeners to think differently.
- In 1977, Doctors diagnosed Bob’s skin cancer. During his illness, he was working on his album named Legend. It was released after his death and made the record the highest-selling album.
- Bob died in 1981 due to last-stage cancer. His grave is in Jamaica.
FAQ about the Bob Marley
Q: How many songs did Bob record for the first time?
A: Bob recorded four songs for the first time in 1962.
Q: How many records did Bob sell in his music career?
A: Bob was a reggae ambassador, and he sold around 2 million records throughout his profession.
Q: When did Bob’s last album launch?
A: In 1984, Bob’s last album launched.
Q: How much was Bob Marley’s net worth?
A: Bob’s total net worth was around $32million. His income came from his writing and singing.