Who is Allen Payne? Biography, Body Statistics, and Personal Life
Allen Payne is a famous American film and television actor. On July 7, 1968, Allen was born in the Harlem area of New York City, which is infamous for poverty and high crime cases. His childhood and teens were spent on the streets, and he was troubled with his affinity towards various criminal gangs.
His parents then enrolled him in acting classes at the local youth club, which supposedly turned his life over for the better. He found his acting passion and decided to make it a career.
Soon, he landed several roles in leading television series. He is best known for his role as Jason Alexander in the 1994 drama film Jason’s Lyric and his portrayal of C.J. Payne on the family sitcom Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (2006–present).
- Full name: Allen Payne ( Allen Roberts )
- Date of birth: July 7, 1968
- Place of birth: Harlem, New York, U.S.
- Age: 54 years (As of 2022)
- Nationality: American
- Height: 6’0’’ or 185 cm
- Weight: 72 kg or 158 lbs
- Occupation: Actor
- Net Worth: $5 million
- Spouse/Girlfriend: Unknown
- Allen is one of those actors who have the unique talent to make the most inconsequential of memorable roles by their performance.
- In the 1991 film New Jack City, Gerald “Gee Money” Wells, the drug lord sidekick opposite Wesley Snipes, was one of the most critically acclaimed performances.
- Payne’s first television role was in an episode of The Cosby Show 1990. He has appeared in many films, including playing “Dead Mike” in the hip-hop parody CB4, in Jason’s Lyric, New Jack City, Vampire in Brooklyn, and many more.
- In early 2006, he starred as C.J. Payne on Tyler Perry’s House of Payne. In 2018, Allen Payne reprised his role from House of Payne on The Paynes.
- Payne is also known for Lance Rodman on NBC’s The Cosby Show during its final two seasons, and he also played Gerald “Gee Money” Wells in the 1991 film New Jack City and Detective Justice in the 1995 film Vampire in Brooklyn.
- Allen Payne has built up a pretty large fan base throughout his career, but he is not active on social media, so his fans can’t reach him.
- Allen comes from a family who suffers from chronic health issues. After moving to Los Angeles, he Believes that Healthy Diet is the most important thing.
- Even after working so many years in the entertainment industry, he is a very private person who wants to be low-key and avoid the spotlight unless it involves his work.
- Allen’s on-screen work has gotten him the most attention throughout his career, but he has done some theater work as well.
- In 2018, Payne had a leading role in the musical The Neighborhood Barber Shop Live – When Love Fades, which also started Mo’Nique.
Allen’s fans know that he essentially disappeared from screen after 2012. Many people were confused; then he revealed that he chose to take a break from acting after his mother, Barbara passed away.
Q: Who is Allen Payne?
The actor and director Payne has an impressive resume. It is well known that he has starred in films such as "Jason's Lyric," "The Walking Dead," and "New Jack City," as well as the television series "The Paynes" and "House of Payne."
Q: What other films has Allen appeared in?
A: Payne has appeared in many films throughout his career, including "CB4," "A Price Above Rubies," "Rooftops," and "The Perfect Storm."
Q: Has Payne won any awards for his acting?
A: While Allen has not won any major acting awards, he has been nominated for several awards throughout his career, including an Image Award for his role in "The Walking Dead."
Q: What television shows have Payne been on?
A: Allen Payne has appeared on several television shows, including "The Cosby Show," "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," "Tyler Perry's House of Payne," and "The Paynes."
Q: Is Payne involved in any charitable or philanthropic work?
A: While there is no public record of Allen Payne's involvement in charitable or philanthropic work, he has been known to support various causes throughout his career. In 2016, he participated in a charity basketball game to raise funds for the Lupus Foundation of America.